OT HOMES is located in the heart of the “Costa degli Etruschi” (Etruscan Coast), a place full of beaches, cliffs and pine forests that includes typical villages as Bolgheri and Casale Marittimo, one of the more evocative and best-preserved village of Italy according to the famous guidebook Touring Club. Bolgheri is well known in the world for the production of wine (Sassicaia, Ornellaia, Massero, Grattamacco and others) and for the Macchie della Magona Park, which is the perfect place fot the lovers of trekking and mountain bike due to its wonderful ways in the wood.
OT HOME is a strategic base camp for a day trip to the most intresting places of Tuscany:
- The historical Volterra, the most important Etruscan city of Italy
- Florence, cradle of the Italian culture, 110 km far
- The medieval Siena (90 km far), with Piazza del Campo and the famous Palio which occurs in July and August
- The ancient Lucca (70 km far) with its characteristic city walls
- Pisa (50 km far) where yo can enjoy, one of the most beautiful squares of the world, Piazza dei Miracoli, which includes the Duomo, the Battistero and the very famous Hanging Tower.
Through the historical villages of the Etruscan Coast are of particular interest:
- The ancient San Gimignano (53 km far), know as “city of the towers”
- Massa Marittima (70 km), a “little Siena”, renowned for its summer events
- Suvereto (40 km)
You can also find:
- Montecatini val di Cecina (20 km), which has an old mine
- Castagneto Carducci (20 km), with its vineyards and olive grove
We also suggest some trips out of Tuscany:
- Rome, which is 3 hours by train
- The Cinque Terre (150 km), a fascinating place in Liguria, well known for the small villages builded on the cliffs.
Both the places are reachable within a day’s time, even by train form the Cecina station.